Other Options for Mor Quartz Tubes
Fostoria Quartz Tube
T3 Lamps and Bulbs
Quartz Tube and Lamp Reflector Assemblies
Custom Panels with Quartz
Other Terminal Options:
Type F - Standard flag terminals - solid wire heavy gauge
with eyelet at the end. Standard on Quartz Tubes for
Type FZ - Flexible Lead terminals
(specify length) 6” Standard
Type T - Stud Threaded terminals (specify thread and
8-32 Standard 10-32 Available
responding and a very efficient source of radiant energy. With heat-up
capabilities of 45 to 50 seconds, and complete cool down in approximately 15
seconds, this is an ideal heating device for use in applications where frequent
line stoppage is expected or immediate heat-up and cool down is essential.
- Operating temperature up to 1600º F ( 870º C)
- Sheath watt densities up to 60 watts per linear inch
- Medium Wave / Medium Intensity
- Quick delivery on replacement elements means less down time
waiting for parts.
- Terminal ends are available for virtually every enclosure.
- Ceramic end caps are bonded to the end of the quartz tubing
to provide a rigid support for terminations.
- Competitively priced.
- Quick heat-up and cool down.
- High operating temperatures permit fast thermal processes.
- No glare.
- A clean thermal energy source.
- Shrink packaging
- Vulcanizing and curing rubber
- Fusing processes
- Space heaters
- Drying processes (coatings, textiles, photos, and sand core
- Electrostatic copy equipment
- For a longer operating life and more efficient heating,
quartz heating applications should be rated around 35 to 45 watts per linear
- Quartz heaters are designed for horizontal use only.
- The translucent quartz tube provides an infrared wave
length at an energy peak of 2.5 to 4.0 microns, when operating at full
voltage, and is suitable for most industrial applications.
Two notes of caution:
- White cotton gloves should be worn when handling quartz
elements. Touching the elements with bare hands can leave oil and dirt from
the skin and contaminate the quartz sheath causing hot spots and premature
- Quartz heaters must not be operated in the presence of
combustible materials, such as vapors, gases or other flammable materials
without proper ventilation.
Radiant Heat Advantages:
- High Efficiency - Radiant Energy is created to directly
heat the product.
- Lower initial cost - easy installation & maintenance
reduces equipment cost.
- Close Product Temperature Control-Radiant Heaters can be
“zoned” to provide high heat in one area & low in another.
- Cleaner environment - no product contamination because air
circulation in an infrared oven is minimal. Powder coatings & light weight
materials are quickly heated due to low volume of air & low velocities.
Outside diameter (Nominal/Actual):
1/2" inch/0.512 inch
8'' inches to 100'' inches
Ceramic End Caps:
1/2 " tube: 3/4" dia. x 1/2" inch long
5/8" tube: 15/16" inch dia. x 1/2" inch long
[ Home ]
[ Up ]
We are a
distributor of infrared heaters. Always consult manufacturers installation instructions for proper
installation of the products or systems shown on this website. © Copyright 1999-2019 Mor Electric Heating
ELECTRIC HEATING ASSOC., INC.
5880 Alpine Ave. NW - Comstock Park, MI 49321 USA
Tel 616-784-1121 - 800-442-2581 - Fax 616-784-7775